Sunday, January 3, 2010

Blue Sweater and Hot Coco

 Today I wore a blue wool sweater that was my mom's. She wore it when she skied the mountains in Northern California. She was quite the athlete. As I type this, I am enjoying a hot chocolate with a mound of glorious whipped cream. It just seems to fit, this sweater and hot coco. It has been bitter cold here the past few days and this sweater is keeping me nice and warm. Except for when I vacuumed, it was a little too warm. Today we cleaned house and it feels good. What is it about seeing that freshly dusted sheen on my wood coffee table that makes me giddy?

One of our 2010 goals as a couple is to do a Bible study together. It was something that we started off doing when we first got married but it somehow drifted out of our days. I notice the difference in both of us when we are consistently in the word and it is so wonderful to share it together. Today was our first day getting back into it and I think we can do this. We have a plan. Our goal is to read the Bible in a year. A pastor from our home church created a schedule to read the Bible in 365 days and this is going to be our reading schedule. We also have a designated time that we will read. It is scheduled into our day and we both know when to expect it. We settled on reading after dinner every evening. This was decided for a few reasons. The first is that we are already together and have both had time to settle down from the busyness of the day. Also, we won't have to rush off to do anything so we can take our time reading, discussing and praying. I am so excited. How do you do your Bible study?

Lord, I desire that we would grow closer to You and to each other through the study of Your word. Create in us a thirst to dive into Your word daily. Open our eyes, minds, and hearts and soften our spirits to be lead by Yours. Bless us in these efforts. Amen.

3 comments:

  1. Love it Erica!

    Is your Bible schedule the one Kevin put up? If so, I'm doing that one as well this year!

    Miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cool. Josh and I are attempting to add more of this into our daily loves. A harder habit to instill with two kids now here. For the most part my personal time in the Word is in the morning, but some times babies get in the way of that, so it's whenever I can spare a few minutes. Not as I would like, but thankful for whatever I can get. Miss you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nichol- yup, we are doing Kevin's schedule. So far so good. Hope you enjoy it too.
    Joy - I think you moms are amazing. I can't imagine how much of yourselves you continually give. We need to get together again soon...

    ReplyDelete