Saturday, February 6, 2010

Weighed down

This morning I am sitting at my kitchen table next to a window. It is one of my favorite spots in the apartment. I love natural light and in my cave of an apartment this is one of the few places that I feel showered in nature's light. Although not much light is coming in right now, it is snowing.  It started at 7:00 am yesterday morning and is going strong, big fluffy flakes gracefully falling. It is so beautiful. The branches outside are weighed down, heavy by the extra burden. It made me think of the burdens we carry that we are not meant to. God wants to lift our burdens. Funny how we hold on to the burdens, they are almost a comfort blanket, something we think we can control. We like to think we can control it.But we can't, we weren't meant to be burdened. God offers to give us rest (Matthew 11:28-30). What freedom we have in Christ! To be relieved of the burdens, to realize that no matter what happens, He's got this. I don't have to worry about it because God knows exactly where I am and where I am going. I just have to be diligent with my part, looking to be faithful and obedient to Him. It's not always easy, but God makes His will so clear for me. His word leaves no shadows of doubt, how I praise Him for His word!

You can make this choice by loving the Lord your God, obeying him, and committing yourself firmly to him. This is the key to your life. ~Deuteronomy 30:20

No comments:

Post a Comment