Monday, February 1, 2010

Zucchini Bread

Yesterday I awoke to the stillness that only comes on a morning covered in fresh snow. I knew it from the first moment my eyes opened that it was a winter wonderland outside. You know how the morning lighting that creeps into the bedroom is just different on snowy days? It is bluer, cooler than other sunny mornings. I love it. The hubby and I both had early morning plans that got canceled so we got to enjoy the day together. And there is just something about being snowed in with loved ones, a sweetness. I love snowy mornings.

To kick off the morning, I made a batch of zucchini bread and I must say, it is amazing! The spiciness of the cinnamon, nutmeg, and allspice filled the apartment. A fresh brew of coffee was in order and we set about enjoying our snowy breakfast. Toasted with butter was our favorite.  We’ve already gone through one loaf (the recipe made two).

I hope you and yours have a restful weekend.

Now may the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, so that you will abound in hope by the power of the Holy Spirit. ~Romans  15:13

No comments:

Post a Comment